Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Update

SO I'm still working on getting pictures and videos put together from CombatCon.  I edited everything from Paul MacDonald's class but he did not give me permission to post them.  I can understand since his was an extra class that we paid for.  I really liked the Scottish sword so I've signed up with the "Cateran Society"  http://www.cateransociety.com/ It's learning by correspondence but the book "Broadsword Academy" http://www.lulu.com/shop/christopher-scott-thompson/broadsword-academy/paperback/product-18780493.html;jsessionid=90441C2F8A564E85FA8E5C9F3C06E74A is very well written and is augmented by online videos.  I hope to be hooking up with a guy near by that studies with a broadsword group.
  KRON had the first HEMA event in SoCal on November 10th and 11th.  I took Mark Duncan, Dave Cullen and Eric and Norvia Kilpatrick down to participate.  There were a number of great classes including Ringen, sword vs knife, saber, rapier, etc.  I taught a pressure point class and helped Jonathon Mayshar teach a class on axes, maces and other implements of destruction.  We had participants from all over California, Nevada and Arizona.  Dave stayed behind with his brother's family and the rest of us went home Saturday night.  Dave participated in the tournament Sunday night.  The plan is to hold these on a regular basis and hopefully have the tournament on Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment